Monday, May 26, 2008

My Music -- My Soul




I love English (western) music, when I was a teenager I loved Backstreet boys, Boyzone, Westlife, Britney Spears, Christina and etc. This was then (though I’ll always love Boyzone), now I have developed liking for songs that belonged to 60s, 70s and 80s era – they are called retro songs. But I don’t understand why have I suddenly switched over to Michael learns to rock, Elvis, Cher, Cat Stevens, Elton John, Beatles…and many more. May be, switchover to another music indicates that I am growing up with time or rather I have really matured over a period of time. Yes, our taste in music do change as we evolve over the years and probably this has lead me to switch over from pop to R&B (Rhythm & Blues), Jazz, Classical, Rock.


Now whenever my younger brother (a teenager) switches over to latest pop music, I just leave the room to let the unnecessary music to pass by. He often complains, “What has happened to your musical taste buds?” I am left mum yet my simple answer to him is, “you’ll know when you grow much older”. Hey it doesn’t mean that I have passed ages, I am just 21 but sometimes think that I matured early, however all my other friends still enjoy pop! Huh, I really do not care! As long as I am enjoying my musical journey I have no regrets. Life is meant to experience change and that’s what I do – changing my likes from pop to R&B, which will possibly change its course again once I am content with current product. My resources in English music are unlimited but I believe one must keep digging for more. Who knows may be I end up setting a record of highest music collection (my collection will be of each genres). Wow, I’ll be so glad!!!

No comments: