Saturday, July 5, 2008

Selfless Love





Being selflessly loved by someone is one thing that we always want. No doubt this love is omnipresent as selfless love given to us by our parents. But, what happens when you move out of this dwelling and start looking for ‘another’ love (outside), does it guarantee you with the promises of the unconditional love that you may gain? Chances are almost slim.


Well… I had a friend who shared a special relationship with her boyfriend and both really loved each other unconditionally and selflessly. They were a couple inseparable by any situation, very much into love. I know that theirs was real love because she was my best friend and used to tell me minute detail about their daily activities (I would call that Love Advancements or budding love). And I knew everything about the steps that both would take in the future because she narrated every episode to me and I had the feeling of being present amongst them. They spoke over phone staying awakened all night, just to know each other more or meeting secretly under a bridge only to have each other’s glimpse. Their love story was very sweet just like a fairy tale that every one wants to listen to before retiring for bed. But similar to any other fairy tale, this story didn’t have a happy ending as they had developed their own share of problems. Even I learned that his parents had decided him to get married and were searching for his possible bride. Both were very disturbed and went for a major decision that might seal their chances of marrying and separate from each other forever. So it happened and decision was to part ways was the only solution, the peculiarity was that neither ever decided to elope from home. How ironic, they both wanted to marry but had little guts to take chances because she feared to not disappoint her parents, after all she owes them something that cannot be repaid by any means, not even for seven lives.


I feel that we all owe a lot to our parents as they bring us into this world and it doesn’t end at this point, they take pain and curb own dear wishes to fulfil our every incessant wish we make right from the time we are born. I am not against lovers, who elope away from home to lead a new life together. And I respect their decisions. But I am unable to understand, how do they forget their parents’ gratitude with a blink of an eye! I am no one to comment on personal decisions; it’s a matter of situations and choices. Hope I haven’t mentioned anything objectionable to anyone. No offences meant!!!

1 comment:

hiranmay said...

A really good article!
I am really impressd by your articles!
Keep up the good work!